What are long-term care and long-term care insurance?
Long-term care (LTC) is a variety of services which help meet both the medical and non-medical needs of people with a chronic illness, cognitive disorder, or disability who cannot care for themselves. This care can be provided in-home, or in facilities such as assisted living facilities or nursing homes. The cost of these services is generally not covered by health insurance, disability insurance or Medicare. Long-term care insurance (LTCI) pays for the expenses associated with needing care for an extended period of time at home or in a long-term care facility.
Benefits of your membership.
As an association member, you have access to an LTCi program designed to protect your retirement income and your family’s lifestyle. You’ll be assigned a licensed LTC specialist who can help you select the right options, carriers and companies – and guide you through every step of the process.
Access to top LTCi carriers.
This program is not exclusive to one insurance carrier. Instead, members have access to many of the top carriers in the industry. Your specialist will explore all options, vet all plans, and gather information on potential discounts that you may qualify for. The result: a detailed apples-to-apples comparison that will make your decisions easier.
Other program features.
- Both traditional and hybrid plans (life Insurance with LTCi riders) available
- Choose where you receive care – in the comfort or your own home, or in a facility, if needed
- Unique offerings such as unlimited benefit options, limited payment options, and 1035 exchanges
- Asset protection with National Partnership qualifying policies (subject to state guidelines)
- Special discounts available when spouses/partners apply together
- Can be tax deductible to certain corporations and individuals
- Use pre-tax HSA dollars to pay for premiums (up to an age-based limit)
Request a free plan comparison and no-obligation quote.
Please note: The Missouri Bar does not endorse any Long Term Care insurance products.
The content on this webpage has been prepared for informational purposes only and should not be considered tax or accounting advice. Consult a professional tax/accounting advisor prior to acting on the information set forth herein.